Friday, October 1, 2010

The Beginning of Our Blog

 Though I'm a bit late on the blogger train, I guess there is nowhere else to start except at the beginning. So here is my first post; don't judge it too harshly. The design may be a bit girly, but I'm in love with vintage right now (who isn't?) and I love old maps...aren't they great?
So to recap how we came to this position of blogging, I will do a concise overview:
A year ago, Jesse began applying for doctorate programs. We looked at schools in LA, Boston, Chicago, New York, and SF Bay Area. We liked a lot of schools, but it became clear that with a two year old, we should look at schools near family. So that ruled out LA and Chicago, and Boston quickly followed (Jesse does have family in the Northeast, but still a few hours away). New York was an option for a while, but a school in Pleasant Hill, CA was  piquing Jesse's interest.
Around Christmas 2009, Jesse applied for one school: John F. Kennedy University in Pleasant Hill. He was selected to interview, and flew from VA for a quick weekend trip in February. About a month later, he was informed that he had been accepted.
The decision to accept was difficult. From the beginning, I thought we should wait one more year. My business with Elisha, Petal Flower Company, was taking off, and we were just beginning to get on our feet financially. But we accepted, and six months later, here we are: in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment